8.08.2011

St. Lucian Love Birds

After the wedding, we headed straight to the best island and the farthest island out 
in the West Indies, St Lucia.
This island was unbelievable.

Not only was this island beautiful, but the people there were from another world. They were so kind and it was shocking to see that they had a general sense of care towards anyone they talked to, it was refreshing coming from the U.S. 
This had been Travis's furthest trip out of the homeland and it was really fun to go out and see him experience new things, I grew up traveling and exploring different countries and it has always been passion of mine. It was so much fun to watch him enjoy my same passion that I have always had. 

Everyday we did just about the same thing.
Wake up (at about 11) and walk to breakfast.

Head straight to the pool for cocktails (free thank goodness, or that would of been quite a bill)


Then after six hours of sun, ocean, pool, drinks and naps we would dress up and go to the best dinners ever.
.


So we did this same thing for the few days and then decided to explore out of the snow globe, so we went straight into downtown to visit Castries, the capitol of St lucia.
We tried there signature beer, some different exotic foods and walked around.
"Caribbean Patties"



However we did make quite a few friends, furry friends that is.
Let me just say these cats were everywhere. and I mean everywhere.

For those of you who dont know, Travis recently turned me on to cats, I've never cared for them but for some reason he did rub off on me.

The week was a blast.



Had a little mishap with me playing with this drug baby (islanders would sell every sort of drug on the beach and bring their kids, I thought it would be a good idea to play with him and take a picture- NOT)



Every night we dance till were blue in the face and met some great friends to hang with.



I finally got my coconut (the only thing i wanted on the trip)



Overall the island brought us exactly what we needed-
some R&R.











XOXO
jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment